We are delighted to inform you about our upcoming events for February. This month is another exciting and busy time filled with activities for the children to develop their learning skills. Please check the guidelines below for the dates and events.
February Event Guidelines
• Thursday, February 4: Student’s 100th Day at school: The children will enjoy projects in any of the subject areas related to the number 100.
• Monday, February 8: Chinese New Year: This is a part of the cultural curriculum where the teachers prepare activities related to Chinese New Year. Parents who wish to come for a class presentation about this concept are most welcome. Speak to your child’s teacher to schedule your class presentation.
• Friday, February 12: Valentine’s Day Celebration: The children will be exchanging valentine cards with their friends. They may also choose to bring goody bags to share with their friends. We request that goody bag items are educational—erasers, pencils, coloring books or any kid- friendly/children’s books. No candy or food in the bag please. The children will also create Valentine’s Day art projects for their families or friends.
• Monday, February 15: President’s Day, No School: (Before this day, the children will be learning about the significance of President’s Day and making projects related to this national holiday.)
• Monday, February 22 and Tuesday, February 23: Talent show participants (those who registered and auditioned) will bring their instruments or props for their rehearsals. Rehearsals will be at 10:00 A.M. in the courtyard if weather permits; otherwise, it will be in their own classrooms. The participants should be ready to perform for this rehearsal. The parents are advised to rehearse with their children at home. Sign-up for titles is available in your child’s classroom. The title of the song/dance or any performance is important for us to finish the flyer/program for this event. We are in the process of completing the talent show program.
• Thursday, February 25: This is the actual day for the participants to perform. The performance will start at 10:00 A.M. in the courtyard if the weather permits; otherwise it will be rescheduled on a later date. The children will come to school in their own chosen attires and props. Parent Volunteers for this event are welcome.
• Friday, February 26: Talent show encore for student audience only at 10:00 A.M. Our Pre-K classrooms and older will watch their friends perform in the courtyard if the weather permits; otherwise, the encore performances will take place in their own classrooms.
There will be more details as the event is approaching. Thank you for your continued support in all of our events.
Please speak to me or the front desk for your questions and concerns. We appreciate your ideas and suggestions.
Have a wonderful day!