Pleasant Hill Campus: Daycare, Preschool, Kindergarten & Beyond
Our Learn and Play Pleasant Hill Campus is ideal for active children and busy parents alike. Located at 1898 Pleasant Hill Rd, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523, this campus serves children, ages 18 months to 9 years of age.
- Call us at 925-947-2820 to inquire or book a school tour today!
- Daycare & Childcare – Childcare is a time when the child is beginning to learn about the world, in earnest, and experience self-confidence as well as learn to play well with others. If you’re looking for daycare / childcare in Pleasant Hill, please contact us to explore your options.
- Preschool – Our best-in-class preschool program provides an enriching hands-on learning experience with specially formulated materials for math, language, sensorial exploration, practical life activities, art, science, second language, music, history, and geography.
- Kindergarten – Our private kindergarten prepares Pleasant Hill children for a lifetime of learning. We inspire kids to “love learning” plus work on the basics of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) in age-appropriate ways.
- Private Elementary – our program is a private elementary school program for Pleasant Hill and nearby residents. Convenient hours coupled with modern, best-in-class teaching methodologies solidify a passion for learning in your child, plus educate him or her in the basics of STEM.
Our Kindergartners act as positive role models for their younger classmates, assuming responsibility that will further reinforce their own capabilities and self-esteem. Everything that children have learned during the Preschool years comes together in Kindergarten, giving children a readiness to meet and explore new challenges. The Kindergarten curriculum strongly focuses on literacy, math, and skills necessary for elementary school such as penmanship, completion of assignments, as well as self-organization. Enrichment activities such as art, music, movement and stage performances, and oral presentations round out the Kindergarten experience, as well. In addition, our Kindergarten class is included within the structure of the Spanish Language Program.
Questions and Answers
Q. What age is preschool?
A. Preschool is typically thought of as between the ages of 3 and 5. However, we accept children as young as eighteen months and go up to age 9 at this campus.
Q. What is the difference between toddler, preschool, and kindergarten programs?
A. We tailor each program not only to the specific child’s age group but also to their specific needs. At every age-appropriate opportunity, we introduce learning concepts and work to instill a passion to learn. Toddlers are usually considered between 2 and 3 years old, with preschoolers, 3-5 ages, and Kindergarteners thereafter. But we work with each child individually.
Q. How much does daycare cost?
A. Our rates are cost competitive. Please inquire at the school to learn up-to-date information on the costs of preschool, daycare, childcare, etc.
Q. What are the advantages of a private preschool program over public transitional preschool / kindergarten in Pleasant Hill?
A. Our private program offers more convenient hours, not only during the day and week but throughout the entire year (as in Summe). In addition, our curriculum is a top priority. We encourage children to learn at age-appropriate ways and are an excellent private alternative to the limited options of public preschool and kindergarten in Pleasant Hill.
Q. How should I go about selecting the best daycare, childcare, or preschool for my child?
A. First and foremost, we highly recommend that you call in and make an appointment for a school tour. Our staff is excited to meet you and your child or children. In addition, please read our online reviews and inquire about our fully licensed status with the State of California and all appropriate agencies.
If you have more questions, please contact us. We’re happy to answer questions over the phone, in person, or during a school tour!
History of Our Pleasant Hill Campus
This school, formerly known as Play and Learn School, has served the Pleasant Hill community for over 70 years. Most of the staff and teachers have been with the school for 10 years or more with some of them being at our school for 30 years! Our school was awarded the Best Center of 2008 by PACE (Professional Association for Childhood Education). We, at Learn and Play Montessori Schools, are grateful for this acquisition. We will continue supporting the staff and families as well as bringing improvements to the facility and programs that the school offers to the community.
Preschool Daycare Center License is #073408948 & #073408949
Nearby Attractions and Amenities to our Pleasant Hill Campus
We are located to the West of Interstate 680 off of Oak Park Boulevard, between Pleasant Oaks Park and Brookwood Park. This makes us commute friendly for parents who either live or work in Pleasant Hill, California, or commute along the I-680 corridor. We are south of Concord, and north of Walnut Creek, making us an easy commute school for parents who live or work not only in Pleasant Hill, but in Concord, Walnut Creek, or elsewhere in Contra Costa County.
Here are some kid-friendly resources in and around our Pleasant Hill campus:
- City of Pleasant Hill and Soldier’s Memorial Monument
- Pleasant Hill Library – read to your child, and encourage reading!
- Pleasant Hill Recreation Department – tons of kid-friendly, outdoor and other activities.
- Pleasant Hill Recreation and Park District – information from Contra Costa on the incredible parks located in our city.
Pleasant Hill California: Factoid
Here’s a fun factoid about Pleasant Hill history. “The area that is now the City of Pleasant Hill grew from farmland to a dormitory community during the Second World War. Residents voted to incorporate it in 1961. Early on, community leaders expressed concern about the deteriorating condition of many properties developed decades before the intersection of Contra Costa Boulevard and Monument Boulevard, two main roads through the community. At the same time, it was envisaged that this central area could be transformed into a focal point for community identity, providing a place for residents to gather and strengthening the community’s sense of place.” Source: https://www.magnifiedmedia.net/pleasant-hill-ca-top-landmarks-to-v
Welcome to Learn and Play Montessori School’s beautiful Pleasant Hill Campus. This Montessori Preschool is located in historical Pleasant Hill, with easy access to the 680 freeway. We are located at 1898 Pleasant Hill Rd, Pleasant Hill, California.
For More Information Call Us: (925) 947-2820
Email Us: [email protected]
Address: 1898 Pleasant Hill Rd, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523