Montessori is an innovative method of observing and supporting the natural development of children. Montessori educational practice helps children develop creativity, problem solving, critical thinking and time-management skills, and care of the environment and each other.
In the affluent and educated Bay Area, parents have come to recognize that a Montessori School program (whether that be a Montessori Kindergarten or just Montessori Daycare or Montessori childcare) is a superior way to give their children a headstart. We have many parents, not only in Danville but also in Fremont or Dublin, who bring their children to us for Montessori childcare or Montessori daycare and then stay through Montessori Kindergarten in Danville, Fremont, or Dublin. Indeed, many busy commuters have discovered that the “best” Montessori school in Blackhawk, Diablo, or San Ramon isn’t actually “in” that city but rather in Danville, at our beautiful Danville campus which is easy to 680 commuters.
The Montessori Toddler, Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten classrooms provide a prepared environment in where children can be driven naturally to work and learn. Reach out for a campus tour to our Danville, Fremont, or Dublin campus, today. You’ll see that the children’s inherent love of learning is encouraged by giving them the opportunity to be spontaneous, and engage in meaningful activities. Through their work children develop concentration, motivation, persistence, and discipline. Within this framework of order they progress at their pace and rhythm according to their individual capabilities.
Being the Best Montessori School in the East Bay
We’re proud citizens of the San Francisco Bay Area, especially the so-called “East Bay” region of Fremont, Pleasanton, and the Tri-Valley. We have some of the best Montessori school programs not only in Danville, Dublin, or Fremont (where we have our campuses), but also in nearby cities such as Alamo, Blackhawk, or San Ramon. We even have busy Walnut Creek commuters who search for the best Montessori in Walnut Creek and discover our “680 friendly” Danville campus is an excellent choice. If you’re interested in a Montessori school, reach out to us, today, for a campus tour.
- The Montessori Method is based on observations of the nature of the child and offers the child a maximum spontaneity in choice of physical and mental activity. Nevertheless the child reaches the same or higher levels of scholastic attainment as under traditional systems.
- Each child works at his own pace. The quick are not held back nor are the slow pressured. There is much opportunity for group work.
- The Montessori Method enables the teacher to guide each child individually in each subject according to his own individual requirements. It allows the child to grow in biological independence by respecting his/her needs and removing undue influence of the adult. It allows the child a large measure of liberty based on respect for the rights of others.
- The Montessori Method does away with competition as a major motivation for learning. The child competes with himself/herself. It presents endless opportunities for mutual work and help–these joyfully given and received.
- The child works from his own free choice. This choice is preceded by knowledge and is thus a real choice.
- The Montessori Method develops the whole personality of the child, not merely his intellectual faculties but also his powers and deliberation, initiative and independent choice, with their emotional complements. By living as a free member of a real social community, the child is trained in those fundamental social qualities which form the basis of good citizenship.
Adapted and quoted from: The Montessori Method: A Revolution in Education. – E. M. Standing, The Academy Library Guild 1962.