Learn and Play Montessori School (LAPMS) is grateful for the communities where we live and work: Fremont, Danville, Dublin and indeed the entire Bay Area. We’re blessed with great parents, incredible students, and a second-to-none dedicated team of educators.
We’re committed to good corporate stewardship and work to support nonprofits, charities and other philanthropic organizations in Fremont, Union City, Danville, Dublin and throughout the Bay Area.
Bookmark this page to learn about our “giving back” to our communities.
Our goal here is to identify nonprofits and other community-based organizations that we can rally around to help.
Some of the organizations & non-profits we support:
- Fremont Unified School District – to support their “grab and go” lunches for impacted students during the Coronavirus pandemic. Learn more how you can help, here.
- New Haven Unified School District (Union City) – to support their “grab & go” breakfast & lunch where families pickup five days worth of breakfast and lunch for their school-age children.
- Kindango, Inc. – is a non-profit based out of Fremont, California that strives to ensure equal opportunities for all children. Kindango provides resources and education for young children and support for families in need.
- Daily Bowl – is a non-profit out of Union City. Daily Bowl visits grocery stores, farmer’s markets, restaurants, institutional kitchens, and pick up excess food at the end of the day. Then then quickly deliver it to a network of food banks, social services agencies, soup kitchens, and places of worship where it is put to good use before the food spoils.
- Fremont Senior Center – provides freshly cooked meals, healthy, fun classes, and a “second home” for thousands of seniors in our community!
- Safe Alternative to Violent Environments (SAVE) – is non-profit based out of Fremont with mission to strengthen every individual and family they serve with the knowledge and support needed to break the cycle of domestic violence and build healthier lives.
- Fremont Family Resource Center – promotes the health and well being of families and individuals in Southern Alameda County. The Fremont FRC is a collaborative of 25+ City, County, State, and nonprofit social service agencies working together under one roof to serve families in Southern Alameda County including Fremont, Union City, Newark and Hayward.
- Sahaita, Inc. – is a non-profit organization committed to educating, supporting and uplifting the underprivileged members of society. They accomplish this through healthcare initiatives, education sponsorships, vocational training and affiliated partner non-profit organizations.
- Tri-City Volunteers – TCV Food Bank and Thrift Store provides emergency grocery assistance to almost 6,000 families in Alameda County every month.
- Love Twice – is a non-profit charity that provides clothing to newborns in need with quality reused baby clothing for the first year of life.
- Wild Life SOS – Wildlife SOS was established to make lasting change to protect and conserve India’s natural heritage, forest and biodiversity. They actively work towards protecting Indian wildlife, conserving habitat, studying biodiversity, conducting research and creating alternative and sustainable livelihoods for erstwhile communities that depend on wildlife for sustenance.
- Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 here in the Bay Area, we’re working with government officials and other community leaders on our strategy to support first responders, healthcare workers, and others in critical industry so that, if needed, they have a safe, welcoming place for daycare and childcare for their children.