Learn and Play® Montessori School (LAPMS) is grateful for the communities where we live and work: Fremont, Danville, Dublin and indeed the entire San Francisco Bay Area. We’re blessed with great parents, incredible students, and a second-to-none dedicated team of educators.
We’re committed to good corporate stewardship and work to support local as well as global nonprofits, charities and other philanthropic organizations.
Our goal is to identify nonprofits and other community-based organizations that we can rally around to help.
Below are some of the foundations & non-profit organization we support:
Foundations focused around Cancer Support and Research:
- American Cancer Society – American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. Go Fund Me Page – https://gofund.me/7f4c5563
- Susan G. Komen Foundation – Our mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer. Go Fund Me Page – https://gofund.me/13c83219
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Pediatric Center – UC San Francisco is the leading university dedicated to advancing health worldwide through preeminent biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. Go Fund Me Page – https://gofund.me/208030ae
- After Breast Cancer Diagnosis (ABCD) After Breast Cancer Diagnosis nurtures hope and restores confidence in anyone affected by breast cancer.
- Hers Breast Cancer Foundation – The mission of the HERS Breast Cancer Foundation is to support all individuals healing from breast cancer by providing post-surgical products and services regardless of financial status.
- Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation – We strive to be a credible source for triple negative breast cancer information, a catalyst for science and patient advocacy and a caring community with meaningful services for patients and their families.
Education Based Non-Profits:
- Fremont Unified School District – to support their “grab and go” lunches for impacted students during the Coronavirus pandemic. Learn more how you can help, here.
- New Haven Unified School District (Union City) – to support their “grab & go” breakfast & lunch where families pickup five days worth of breakfast and lunch for their school-age children.
- Kindango, Inc. – is a non-profit based out of Fremont, California that strives to ensure equal opportunities for all children. Kindango provides resources and education for young children and support for families in need.
Local Food Drives:
- Daily Bowl – is a non-profit out of Union City. Daily Bowl visits grocery stores, farmer’s markets, restaurants, institutional kitchens, and pick up excess food at the end of the day. Then then quickly deliver it to a network of food banks, social services agencies, soup kitchens, and places of worship where it is put to good use before the food spoils.
- Tri-City Volunteers – TCV Food Bank and Thrift Store provides emergency grocery assistance to almost 6,000 families in Alameda County every month.
- Safe Alternative to Violent Environments (SAVE) – is non-profit based out of Fremont with mission to strengthen every individual and family they serve with the knowledge and support needed to break the cycle of domestic violence and build healthier lives.
- Fremont Family Resource Center – promotes the health and well being of families and individuals in Southern Alameda County. The Fremont FRC is a collaborative of 25+ City, County, State, and nonprofit social service agencies working together under one roof to serve families in Southern Alameda County including Fremont, Union City, Newark and Hayward.
- Love Twice – is a non-profit charity that provides clothing to newborns in need with quality reused baby clothing for the first year of life.
- Fremont Senior Center – provides freshly cooked meals, healthy, fun classes, and a “second home” for thousands of seniors in our community!
- Sahaita, Inc. – is a non-profit organization committed to educating, supporting and uplifting the underprivileged members of society. They accomplish this through healthcare initiatives, education sponsorships, vocational training and affiliated partner non-profit organizations.
- Wild Life SOS – Wildlife SOS was established to make lasting change to protect and conserve India’s natural heritage, forest and biodiversity. They actively work towards protecting Indian wildlife, conserving habitat, studying biodiversity, conducting research and creating alternative and sustainable livelihoods for erstwhile communities that depend on wildlife for sustenance.
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 here in the Bay Area, we’re working with government officials and other community leaders on our strategy to support first responders, healthcare workers, and others in critical industry so that, if needed, they have a safe, welcoming place for daycare and childcare for their children.